Alconox® Powdered Precision Cleaner is a powerful hard surface detergent that is non-caustic, drain-safe and biodegradable. It’s perfect for cleaning commercial deep fryers and their hoods and baffle filters.
How to Clean Fryer Hoods:
- If possible, move the fryer away from the hood.
- Add 2/3 cup of Alconox® detergent to 4 gallons of warm water
(See Table 2).
- Use with long-handled brushes, scrub pads, or a scraper if necessary to clean hood.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Note that there is a silicone caulk along interior seams. Be careful not to break this seal with scraper.
How to Clean Fryer Hood Baffle Filters:
- Remove hood filters.
- Add 2 cups of Alconox® detergent to 12 gallons of warm water in one basin of a 3 compartment sink (See Table 2).
- Soak overnight in Alconox detergent solution.
- Use a 2 inch bottle brush to get in the “grooves.”
- Run the filters through the dishwasher or rinse thoroughly.
- If using Alconox® to clean fryer, filters can be placed in fryer during cleaning and then rinsed thoroughly.