How to Remove Scale from Rethermalizers with Citranox®:
Suggested for: Appliances with a 12-23 gallon capacity cook tank.
- Turn the appliance off.
- Drain or dispose of any remaining water and food residues from cookpot.
- Close the drain valve, if applicable, and fill cookpot with hot water.
- Add 4 Tbsp of Citranox® liquid detergent per gallon of fresh water to the cook tank. For heavy scale build up, use 8 Tbsp per gallon of fresh water.
- Scrub the cookpot, basket hanger, baskets, and temperature probes with a scrub pad dipped in the Citranox® detergent solution. Place food preparation smallwares inside cookpot for soaking.
- Where permissible, turn on equipment and bring detergent solution to a simmer. When simmer is reached, turn off equipment and let soak for at least 30 minutes. Soak longer for heavy scale buildup.
- If needed, repeat scrubbing of problem areas.
- Drain detergent solution.
- Rinse thoroughly with running tap water.
- Dry thoroughly prior to using.
- Repeat daily for appliance optimal performance.